Organizations eligible to apply for an Impact100 Greater Wausau must
- Be tax exempt for at least three years under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, independent of a financial sponsor (local affiliates may apply under the 501(c)(3) of the national organization).
- Serve the people of Marathon county and use grant money in Marathon County.
- Possess at least two full years (24 months) of submitted 990s and, whenever possible, certified financials prepared by an independent accountant. Financial statements that must be submitted with the preapplication include 2 years of Income statements and 2 years of Balance sheets for your organization.
- If your organization is financially sponsored, please provide financials [balance sheet and income statement] specifically for your program/cause for the previous 2 years along with certificate of status.
Nonprofits may collaborate and submit a proposal together. Collaborating nonprofits must designate one as the lead organization, and all collaborating nonprofits must meet Impact100 Greater Wausau’s eligibility requirements.
Each nonprofit may apply for only one Impact Grant per year. Impact Grant winners must spend the funds in 24 months, and they may not reapply for three years.
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- Target under-served populations.
- Highlight unmet needs in the community.
- Will have a high impact on beneficiaries or communities.
Grants will not be provided for:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding, or endowment funding.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Activities that are religious or political in nature.
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns.
*As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact100 Greater Wausau reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria
without notice at any time.